Name: Basic Binding Spell
Category: Banishing & Binding Spells
Purpose: To dispel negative magick being used against you. Before rushing into this process, make sure that you know that you are being attacked magickally and by whom. This should be checked through magick, divination, prayer and meditation. Once you are positive that a certain person is using negative magick against you, then you can begin the spell.
Timing: Waning Moon.
- 1 x spool of black ribbon.
- 1 x poppet of the person you intend to bind.
- 1 x black pouch made of a tough material such as leather.
- 1 x black candle.
- 1 x chalice of water (rain or river water is best).
- 1 x piece of coal (or some other powerful stone associated with the element of earth).
- 1 x musk incense.
- 1 x censer.
- Matches or lighter.
Casting the spell:
- Cast a circle.
- Place the coal, water, incense, and candle around you to form the points of a square. (Rock being diagonal to incense and water being diagonal to candle). Meditate on the impact that this persons negative magick has had on your life. Once you have all of the negativities in your mind, hold the poppet in your receptive (left) hand, and slowly, starting at the feet, wrap the poppet in black ribbon, as if it were a mummy. Be sure to leave no spot exposed. As you wrap, chant the following:
- With (name’s) own evil does she/he her/himself bind, her/his magick powers she/he shall not find!
- As you chant and wrap, visualize all the negativity from the magick that this person has cast flowing into the ribbon that binds the poppet. Once the poppet is totally wrapped, place it in the pouch and draw it shut. Now proclaim in a loud voice:
- (Name) has been bound in the presence of the elements and the gods. May she/he remain as such until this poppet again sees the light of day. So mote it be!
- Close the circle.
Store the pouch with the bound poppet in a dark place. When you decide to un-bind it, take the pouch into the noon sun of the waxing moon and unwrap the poppet. Visualize the negativity tied in the ribbon disintegrating in the light of the sun. Say the following: (Name) is now unbound, a creature of free will in magick and in heart. Blessed be!
Please realize that bindings do not always work! Especially at first, it may take multiple attempts at binding a person before it actually takes. For this reason, you should NEVER let the subject of your binding spell know what you plan to do or have done. Since they obviously have already dabbled in negative magick, the recourse could be literally disastrous.