Name: Eihwaz Talisman Spell ~ © Wiccan World
Category: Protection Spells.
Purpose: Psychic protection against another’s dark magick.
Timing: When the moon is waxing.
- 1 x black 6″ candle.
- 1 x natural river stone (flat).
- 1 x tube of yellow oil or acrylic (artist’s) paint.
- 1 x fine artist’s paintbrush.
- Matches or lighter.
Casting the spell:
- Cast your circle.
- Light the black candle.
- Hold the riverstone firmly between your palms and visualize the riverstone building a shield of bright light around you. When the shield is complete, cup the stone in your palms, look at it and say:
- By the power of light from dark I charge thee to use thy shield to defend me.
- Paint the runic symbol for eihwaz upon the stone. (Eihwaz means yew tree and was one of the most revered trees of Viking times. The symbol stood/stands for general protection, magickal empowerment, and psychic protection.)
- Place the riverstone next to the candle and allow the candle to burn down.
- Close the circle.
Let the paint dry overnight. Once dry the stone should be carried with you