Anointing candles you intend to use in magick is always a good idea. Sometimes this is done as part of the magick itself, but when it isn’t then do it beforehand. There are several reasons for doing this. Firstly it reminds you and the candle that it is in fact a magickal tool. Secondly, it gives the candle a specific property or purpose. And lastly, it lets the candle know that when it burns it must send your message to the Universe.
Anointing candles is not difficult. All that is needed is an oil that is appropriate to your intent. If you don’t have the essential oil you need, it is alright to substitute any vegetable oil and then use an appropriate herb instead.
- Rub a few drops of oil between the palms of your hands and then grasp the center of the candle with both hands.
- Close your eyes and concentrate on your magickal intent.
- Visualize the results you want manifesting in reality.
- Move your hands slowly towards each end of the candle with a twisting action as this will ensure a thorough coating.
- If you are using vegetable oil, roll the candle in the appropriate herb.
Your candle is now ready for magickal use.