Besom Blessing Ritual
There, are of course, many besom blessing rituals in existence and this is one that is commonly used. There is no right way or wrong way – it’s whatever works for you. So if this besom blessing ritual doesn’t feel quite right don’t be afraid to change it. If you have several besoms you wish to bless, they can all be done at the same time. There is no need to perform the ritaul individually although there is nothing wrong in doing so.
The ritual should be carried out on the night of the full moon. Make yourself comfortable on the floor with all the items in front of you.
You will need:
- A white candle,
- A small dish of water,
- Some salt.
When you are ready:
- Light the candle and incense.
- Breathe in deeply through your nose (as if you were meditating) and visualize grounding energy filling your body.
- Breathe out through your mouth ridding yourself of all negativity.
- Repeat this process until you are completely relaxed and grounded.
- Pass the besom through the incense smoke and say: With scented air light and free, I give you breath. Blessed be.
- Pass the besom (very quickly) through the candle flame (being careful not to set the besom on fire or burn yourself obviously) and say:
- With fire dancing wild and free, I give you passion. Blessed be.
- Sprinkle the besom with a little water and say:
- With water pure I give to thee, the blood of life. Blessed be.
- Sprinkle the besom with a little salt and say:
- Salt of earth I give to thee, roots in magick. Blessed be.
- Hold the besom close to you. Caress it lovingly and say:
- I am yours and you are mine henceforth until the end of time. Life I give you willingly as I will so mote it be.
Your besom is now ready to be consecrated.