Name: Oak Tree Spell
Category: Good Luck Spells – Prosperity Spells
Purpose: To help ensure continued material prosperity.
Timing: Sunday when the moon is waxing.
- 1 x 6″ green candle.
- 1 x sharp white-handled knife.
- 1 x 36″ oak branch.
- 1 x 9′ length of natural twine.
- Matches or lighter.
Casting the spell:
- Cast a circle.
- Light the green candle, and say:
- Power of ancient oak mighty Duir I invoke.
- Use the white-handled knife to carve a “V” on one side of the branch, about twelve inches from the bottom. saying:
- All that is given none shall shrink.
- About six inches above the “V”, carve an inverted equilateral triangle, saying:
- Fortune flowing which none shall sink.
- About six inches above the triangle, carve a diamond shape saying:
- Safety in which to eat and drink.
- Carve the symbol for the rune Fehu six inches above the diamond. Saying:
- Duir forfend that any send blow or blight to any wight that dwells in sooth twixt earth and roof.
- Seal the magick into the branch by binding both ends, making sure not to cover up any of the carved symbols.
- Close the circle.
Hang the branch on the back of an entrance doorway.